Sunday, 30 October 2011

Christmas Cake.....

Well its been a year and wonderful autumn has returned.  The cold nights are creeping in and the clocks have gone back.
Last week the (early) Christmas preparations began when I baked this years cake!  As always I start with Delia's recipe but swapped out the ingredients...sultanas for raisins, cranberries for glace cherries, dates for currants.  I normally add a cocktail of whatever booze is in the house but this year was classic...just whisky and brandy! And every 2 weeks the cake is fed with a couple of teaspoons of spirits.  The cake comes out moist and lighter in colour than those full of treacle and molasses...that's just my preference.  Below you can see last years effort...this time I'm on the lookout for edible glitter! I'm hoping for a really camp gold cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment